Rebounding is a fun exercise that NASA has been using a while back for their astronauts to recover and regain bone muscle mass after a long time of being in space. In space, you will lose like 15% of bone and muscle mass from only 14 days of zero gravity. And luckily, NASA has studied the effects of rebounding and found out that it’s an effective way to reverse such damage.
A lot of exercises are done to target specific muscles and enhance the cardiovascular system of your body. It’s a different story in rebounding as it uses the forces of both acceleration and deceleration to move the body uniquely. Here are some things that will happen if you do some rebounding exercises on a mini trampoline.
- Acceleration increase as you bounce upward
- Weightless split-second pause happens at the top
- Deceleration at an increased G-force
- An impact is placed on the rebounder
- Repeat the process
The increased G-force from rebounding exercise enables the cells of the body to respond to its acceleration and deceleration. The lymphatic system is the one that gets the most benefit out from this because of the vertical direction in the body. Also, an increased G-force also enhances the lymphatic activity which helps transport immune cells throughout the body and boosts immune function as well. With that said, there are even more benefits that rebounding can give.
- Enhances lymphatic drainage and immune function.
- Improves the skeletal system and an increase in bone mass.
- Improves digestion.
- More effective than jogging without putting too much pressure on your knees and ankles.
- Increases endurance and mitochondrial production.
- Improves body balance.
- Helps you do more on other exercises.
- Circulates oxygen effectively throughout the body to increase energy.
- Improves muscle tone.
- Helps support thyroid and adrenal glands.
Start Rebounding Exercises Today
- There’s nothing better than starting your rebounding journey today. Rebounding as in activity that doesn’t need an hour or more to do so. Even for 15 minutes, you can get the health benefits of rebounding.
- What’s even better is that it is a gentle activity that lets you do more as it doesn’t put too much pressure in your joints. There’s a lot of mini trampolines available in the market both offline and online; you can choose one that suits best for you and also your budget.