Trampolines provide countless hours of fun. Bored? Go jump on the trampoline! Stressed? De-stress on the trampoline. Feeling down? Trampolines are here to save the day. However, trampolines can wear down over time, especially if not being properly maintained.
That’s why it is important to know its parts in case you are going for a replacement. Understanding its parts and how its assembled enables you to select the best and the most durable replacement parts in the market. With that said, let’s get to know the different parts of a trampoline below!
- A trampoline mat is commonly made out of nylon or polypropylene material. Keep in mind that the mat is not the one responsible for bouncing you up and down. Their purpose is to be strong and sturdy from the countless jumps that you are going to do. The mat is the one who will receive the most beating that’s why it needs to be strong.
- That’s why it is important to do regular mat checkups to ensure that it is still sturdy enough for trampoline usage. And also, you must keep any kinds of sharp objects away from the mat as they are fragile and can tear off easily.
- Trampoline springs are made out of galvanized rust-resistant steel. This material is purposely used as it can withstand rain and snow. Some trampolines have shorter springs which are less durable. That’s why you should opt for one with large springs with a longer coil. Longer-coil springs last longer and can support the mat for long periods.
- Keep in mind that springs also wear down over time. So don’t be surprised if they don’t generate much bounce as time goes by. This is the time to get for a replacement.
- Just like the springs, the frame is also made out of galvanized rust-resistant steel so that it can survive from rain and snow as well. Your trampoline frame is one of the most long-lasting and durable parts of it. You will be fine using it for the rest of its life but if ever you feel the need for replacement then do it.
- There’s nothing wrong on keeping your frame up-to-date. And when you do, it will lower the chances of accidents as well.
- You can use safety pads in two different ways. First, you can place it to the line outside the poles of the safety net (if you had one). Second, you can use it to surround the edges of the trampoline where the frame and springs are.
- You can choose to use or not to use safety pads. It all boils down to your preference. But since they provide extra safety for your trampoline fun, then it’s advisable to opt for one and save yourself from a trip to the Emergency Room.
- A trampoline’s safety net is made out of polyethylene, polypropylene, or polyester. In case you have a hard time which one to pick, these three are all durable in the first place so you don’t have to worry.
- However, among the three, polyethylene is the one that mas the most density and is capable of withstanding most impacts. Polyethylene is made by melting plastic into liquid and them formed back again in the shape of a net. Before you buy, opt for a polyethylene safety net that has a thickness of 0.97 g/cm³.